CIS/502 Week 4 Case Study 2 – Strayer New
Click On The Link Below to Purchase A+ Graded Material
Case Study 2: Social Engineering Attacks and Counterintelligence
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Social engineering attacks and counterintelligence have major impacts to our national security. In July 2010, the Afghan War Diary was released in WikiLeaks. In October 2010, WikiLeaks also released the largest military leak in history – the Iraq War Logs revealing the war occupation in Iraq. This type of information is considered as classified data by the Department of Defense.
Read the article titled, “WikiLeaks Releases 400,000 Classified US Military Files”, located at
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/WikiLeaks-Releases-400000-Classified-US-Military-Files- 105568738.html, and then read the article titled, “WikiLeaks: At Least 109,000 Killed During Iraq War”, located at http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wikileaks-109000-deaths-iraq- war/story?id=11949670#.TyicXlxrOQo.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe what social engineering and counterintelligence are and their potential implications to our national security in regard to the leaked Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs.
2. Examine the importance of forming a sound information security workforce and describe the challenges faced by organizations in doing this as evidenced by the articles about the Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs that were released in WikiLeaks.
3. Predict how the Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs that were released in WikiLeaks could influence organizations in regard to their security policies and risk management procedures.
4. Propose two (2) methods to thwart this type of intelligence leak in the future and explain why each would be effective.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Evaluate an organization’s security policies and risk management procedures, and its ability to provide security countermeasures.
Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.